A couple things I miss, which I don’t think about too often but right now I’m in the missing mood. Run on sentence.
– Fresh Prince: mannnn, I miss my daily dose of ghetto hilarity. Will Smith, you will always be the bomb.
– my collection of old school hip hop/music: blah. There are two things I regret in my entire life. One of them is deleting my playlist. I forgot the other.
– fearlessness of running at night: that was a certifiably crazy time for me when I would leave the house at 10 or 11pm for a run. It’s even crazier that my parents let me out, especially when they never let me sleep over friends’ homes. What were they thinking.
– sneaking out at night: nowadays, I can leave the house whenever. I guess I miss the “thrill” of doing something i’m not supposed to do. Sometimes we all need to do something illegal or forbidden to remind ourselves we are human- at least for me. Hahahaha. Take it whatever way you want to.
– breakfast at Mesa Commons: besides the wonderful 400+ students packed in a lecture hall, one of the most memorable aspects of higher education offered at UCI was the breakfast buffet. My friend and I got up early every morning to hit up the omelette bar, the diy waffles, fruits, bagels and other necessary morning nutrition to keep us through the edumucation-filled day. I miss thee.
– family gatherings: nowadays, it’s just four of us. Before, it was four families.
I’m done. Twas good then. Tis good now. No regrets. Except the two I mentioned. Goodnight.