I have so many things on my mind I want to put down on screen and now, at 8:57pm today before studying for a midterm tomorrow, I have decided to break my boundaries and write about all of them in one entry. Haha.
Here we go.
– My mom received these from a male customer last weekend. She works at a clothing store similar to the ones you find at the swap meet in an area that is predominantly Hispanic. She had told him previously that she was married with kids. Regardless, he brought these in and she brought them home. I was so pleasantly surprised. It can appear to be disrespect to my dad and I think many people might take it that way, which is fine. But I thought it was beautiful that someone recognized beauty and cared enough to express it. I think women in general thrive in a place where their beauty and heart are acknowledged and appreciated. I don’t care who the man is, but I am moved by his gesture.
– Speaking of females and feeling beautiful… this past Saturday, I got my first paid haircut in 4 years. It was a pretty awesome feeling, to be able to afford time, energy, and money to do something for myself. Plus, the lady was super cool and hilarious. She hooked it up when she found out my hair had been living under a rock. Nice.
But it didn’t end after I walked out. No, I felt so shiny and new and… lovely. Hahaha. It was just a stupid haircut, standard layers. Jeez. I felt like a new person. Really. And it just continued to the next day, and the next and today… I love it. I will get my hair cut more often.
– I believe I will start saving for a skydiving trip with my brother. Or a trip to SF. Or… I don’t know. But I would like to. Honestly, I can’t wait til he’s 21. Long ways to go… I hope I can prime him to enjoy a cold one by then. I am so selfish.
– I have a song stuck in my head. Have you heard of All of Me by John Legend? So good. Some lines that I really like:
My head’s under water
But I’m breathing fine…
‘Cause all of me
Loves all of you
Love your curves and all your edges
All your perfect imperfections
Give your all to me
I’ll give my all to you
You’re my end and my beginning
Even when I lose I’m winning…
I feel like his music got deeper or something. Or not. And I don’t know if this is weird but I translated this to how I feel about God… It just makes sense to me haha. All of me, all of him. You’re my end and my beginning, even when I lose I’m winning. Zeeng.
– Have you heard of sadanduseless.com? The site is whatever but my friend showed me a video from it and I seriously could not. I died. Really. I couldn’t even finish it. I had to leave the computer lab and laugh it off by myself in the empty hallway like a crazy person. I guess you’ll watch it and not think it’s as funny since I hyped it up like crazy haha. But here ya go.
* Ugh. I’ve spent way too much studying time trying to embed the video. Click here if you wanna see.
– Lastly, I had cereal for breakfast and dinner today.
That is all.