This was written a couple days before leaving for the States and published 5/14/16. Not sure why I lagged on posting this but here it is haha!
- People – Y’all know who you are. And the two that don’t read this, ma and pa. Can’t wait to catch up with people!
- Mexican food – Jed, get ready to go on a Molcasalsa run at an ungodly hour.
- Driving – That independence, mm mmm. No waiting for the next ride, no stopping for new and exiting riders, no wildly poring at the map shamelessly divulging my tourist-ness (back home, this will be replaced with wildly poring over Google maps on my phone and in the privacy of my car). I go where, when, and how I please. And I always have a seat no matter when and where I get on.
- Grocery shopping – Yes, really, especially Trader Joe’s. I miss buying the things I want to eat, things I can prepare on my own. It’s cool that I can eat Korean food all the time but then I have to go out and get it. It’s going to be nice to make even the simplest things – think eggs with avocado and bacon.
- Running – I know I know, if I really wanted to run/work out, I would have made it happen. Yeah, no. So I’m looking forward to running and working out again. As much as I don’t like routine, there’s something sexy and inviting about it at the moment. Bahaha yes, sexy and inviting sound accurate at the moment.
- Seeing the fam and the close friends was suchhhhh satisfying moments. I definitely felt like I was home just by being around them. Well, duh. Looking forward to catching up with others in the coming week.
- Haven’t had Mexican food just yet… I’m waiting for the craving to get more real. But at the same time, I’m trying to eat healthier… this may be an issue. But at least once, it must be fulfilled.
- I’ve already sat through 2+ lovely hours of traffic from LA and Irvine. And still, I find it almost fun with the right podcasts and music. Let’s see how long this lasts or how many podcasts and hours of Pandora it will take for this to wear off.
- Have not encountered the need to go grocery shopping as there is always home cooking… at home. But I’m looking forward to buying snacks and such when I go back to work.
- Went running on zero hours of sleep and no food for 12 hours today. It felt like hell the first mile but I couldn’t stop smiling the rest of the run – like a crazy person. As usual. The push and pull of the run, the rhythm was altogether too familiar and welcome, even as my legs burned. Looking forward to starting the training plan for the marathon in a few months. By the way, I signed up for the first marathon of my life which will happen in September. I’m scared out of my mind, which pushes me to do it even more. If I don’t do this now, then when? Time to make running a routine again. I can tell it’ll be an uphill battle once work starts but I’m game.
It is such a lovely thing to be able to reach/have/encounter/eat the things I miss. That they don’t have to remain things missed, but are in arm’s reach, a phone call or parking lot away.