I know, I know – I’ve posted all over Snapchat and Instagram about this damn marathon week I just had. It was a good time for me, sort of like a vacation, hell, and productive period rolled into one. And today was the culmination – the big 26.2. Below are some highlights.
Overheard while running:
- “Holy Jesus” – referring to the cold. It was legit 35 degrees Fahrenheit. I never had to take off my jacket even though I was sweating like a pig inside.
- “I keep asking myself, is it fucking worth the medal?” – girl to her male partner/boyfriend hahaha. Self-explanatory.
Posters of encouragement:
- “I heard there’s bacon at the end.”
- “Imagine what you can eat after this?!”
- “You paid $200 for this. Just $167.77 left to go!”
- “Donut give up!”
Things I ate:
- Cups on cups of Powerade – I stopped at every station except one lol.
- One banana
- One chocolate chip cookie
- 10 or 11 goldfish
- One Powergel
- One Dove chocolate (I pocketed the M&Ms for later)
People came fully dressed up:
Impressed by their passion and tenacity lol.
I have another post coming soon – one a little more serious and adult-ish haha.
This weekend has been a lot of things – boring and uneventful were not two of them. Glad to be here.