Today’s the day. As much as I downplay this day, planning to treat it like a normal day with work, my morning routine, etc., I also can’t help feeling a little more energized, a little more excited for today. Hahah. Nothing on my schedule looks like a celebration, but still.
And then I think about it and realize – it is the one day of the year that’s “mine”. Lol. Imagine feeling like that every day. Life would be insane. I love it.
Anyway, if you know me, I love reading and collecting quotes. For my birthday post, here are 28 quotes I’ve learned to live by daily, or almost daily haha.
How to live every day
- And, when you want something, all the universe conspires in helping you to achieve it. – Paulo Coelho in The Alchemist
- Life happens for us. – Tony Robbins
- Life begins at the end of your comfort zone. – Neale Donald Walsh in Conversations with God III
- To obsess over right and wrong decisions is the same as taking no direction at all. Keep in mind that you are the choice-maker, which means that who you are is far more than any single choice you have ever made or ever will make. – Deepak Chopra in The Book of Secrets
- Today is the only guarantee you get. – Anna Quindlen in The Short Guide to a Happy Life
- Nothing is random – your life is full of signs and symbols. – Deepak Chopra in The Book of Secrets
- The quality of your life is always decided by how you experience life, not by what life offers you. – Sadhguru in Inner Engineering
- I never saw a wild thing sorry for itself. – D.H. Lawrence
- Now is the time not to be afraid. – John Galt in Atlas Shrugged (Ayn Rand)
How to believe
- According to your faith will it be done to you. – Jesus in Matthew in Bible
- Wealth is a product of the mind. – Tony Robbins
How to dream
- No matter how broke you might be, the only way you will become poor is by giving up on your dreams. – Robert Kiyosaki in Business in the 21st Century
- I was loved too well to ruin my life. – Cheryl Strayed in an interview on the James Altucher Show podcast
- No matter how “good” you think things have been, they can be better. No matter how wonderful you think your theologies, your ideologies, your cosmologies, they can be full of even more wonder. – Neale Donald Walsh in Conversations with God III
How to work
- Whatever you can do, or dream you can, begin it. Boldness has genius, magic, and power in it. Begin it now. – Goethe
- The most important thing about art is work. Nothing else matters except sitting down every day and trying. – Steven Pressfield in The Wart of Art
- Everything is figure-out-able. – Marie Forleo
- Slow is smooth, smooth is fast. – Navy Seal maxim heard on Tim Ferriss’ podcast
- You teach what you learn. It is not necessary to have achieved perfection to speak of perfection. It is not necessary to have achieved mastery to speak of mastery. – Neale Donald Walsh in Conversations with God III
- If you take Resistance at its word, you deserve everything you get. Resistance is always lying and always full of shit. – Steven Pressfield in The Wart of Art
How to love
- It’s better to have loved and lost, than to never have loved at all. – Alfred Lord Tennyson
- There is really no such thing as conditional love and unconditional love. There are conditions and there is love. When you talk about love, it has to be unconditional. the moment there is a condition, it just amounts to a transaction. – Sadhguru in Inner Engineering
About the soul
- If you believe the noises of the world rather than the silences of your soul, you will be lost. – Neale Donald Walsh in Conversations with God III
- … Reside in permanent splendor in the assurance that you are grandly loved. – Neale Donald Walsh in Conversations with God III
- Vulnerability sounds like truth and feels like courage. – Brene Brown in Daring Greatly
- The road to freedom is not through feeling good; it is through feeling true to yourself. – Deepak Chopra in The Book of Secrets
- Remaining the same, or seeking to, moves against the laws of life. This is foolish, because in this struggle, life always wins. – Neale Donald Walsh in Conversations with God III
And the last one – if you’ve been adding everything up:
I live the perfect life.
That last one – I feel like I’ve been thinking that every morning when I wake up. It makes me stretch and smile like a crazy person before my eyes are open. As crazy and illogical and far-fetched as it sounds, and as grounded and logical and down-to-earth I want to be, I prefer to live above the norm, above the rational, and definitely above the ordinary.
I wish I could have gone into each quote… but perhaps I can do that in the coming posts, say, every Thursday. That might be interesting. Cool.
Thanks for reading. And I hope you know… I think you’re amazing.