My senior year of high school, our class wrote letters to ourselves, to be opened 10 years from graduation. I think I wrote two letters, one kept by the class president and one kept with me. I recently opened the one I had kept and it made me laugh and cringe.
I had been hoping for a meaningful letter written from a place of inspiration and aspiration and alla that good shit.
Not the case.
I found it was filled with, I hope XXXX and I stay friends. I hope I don’t lose YYYY as my friend. I hope I get to do ZZZZ over the summer.
Then I reached the end of the letter, and it had a 10-year bucket list. All the things I wanted to accomplish by age 28. And here they are.
Even a few months ago, I wouldn’t have shared this but today, a part of me doesn’t give a shit. And a part of me thinks my naïveté is hilarious. Enjoy. Italics are my comments.
- Smoke weed – Yess indeed. I was a weed virgin until the summer after graduation. I condemned anyone and everyone that did drugs… and then became a fan myself. I ate my words.
- Get a tattoo – Yep, three (little ones) and counting.
- Go skinny dipping – Not yet!! The ideal place is in the ocean.
- Go skydiving – Yes, with the brother! I would rather go bungee jumping though haha.
- Swim in the rain – I think I did once, but twasn’t memorable. This would be sweet to combine with skinny dipping.
- Visit the motherland – Yessssssss, in 2016. AMAZING.
- Party ALOT – I should have been more clear because ALOT is relative. But yes, I did my share.
- Have another boyfriend – Hahaaha. Oh Grace. Yes, I did have another and another. It got better each time.
- Get drunk – Lol. Just lol.
- Learn to jump on snowboard – Sort of. Also relative. But yes, I can go over jumps.
- Go on a roadtrip – Yessss, to SF, Utah, Texas, Arizona. Next up: Big Sur.
- Go to TJ – Not yet. One day.
This was kind of a shallow list, but I am pleased that I have accomplished most of them and I can see myself completing the list in the future.
I do want to say that life treated me better than I expected, I became more than I’d even imagined for myself.
P.S. I would have added more photos but it just takes so damn long to go hunting. Enjoy!